In this podcast episode, Michael shares his personal journey of experimenting with various diets and food filters, from plant-based eating to smoothies. After struggling to find the right balance, he discovered success with an animal-based carnivore diet. Michael emphasizes the importance of individualized approaches to health and wellness and believes everyone should find what works best for them.
The discussion unfolds as Michael transitions to a juice-based diet, eliminating several food filters to improve his health. Despite these efforts, he continued to face challenges and developed increased sensitivities. Curiosity led him to explore a carnivore diet, initially skeptical about its efficacy. However, his decision to give it a try proved transformative. Concurrently, he maintained a habit of juicing vegetables.
Michael's experimentation with a carnivore diet revealed its effectiveness for individuals with mast cell, skin, and parasite issues. While vegetables and dairy were generally well-tolerated, meat consumption posed challenges. Additionally, the conversation highlights the limitations of solely relying on the diet to address all health concerns, stressing the need for a comprehensive, holistic approach.
Some of our favorite highlights from this episode include:
- Do you have the ability to be resilient in your own life? And my favorite thing about watching people commit to an animal-based diet for at least a period of time during the deep healing work.
- A great way to address many of the ups and downs, the anxiety, depression, and those kinds of emotional rollercoaster kinds of feelings. And eliminating the reactivity piece, whether it's histamine or whatever it may be, that's great for mental health.
- A lot of health symptoms can be at least on a basic level, be addressed through this kind of diet. And is it gonna detox mold or eliminate parasites from your system?
- So past that transition phase, say someone really commits to a carnivore or an at least an animal protein, animals-only diet, and expects that transition of a few weeks for their digestive system to catch up to it, what might they expect to experience?
- And maybe that's a transition step where you're, taking six or eight weeks transitioning with that kind of diet, dialing things in. Finding your food sources that work for you, costing things out.
- [00:00:00] Exploring Animal-Based Diets: A Conversation with Michael on His Personal Journey
- [00:09:00] The Benefits of a Carnivore Diet for Highly Sensitive Individuals
- [00:22:00] Weighing the Options and Transitioning Tips
- [00:31:00] Benefits of a Carnivore Diet for Deep Healing
- [00:36:00] Eating for Healing and Wellness