Melatonin SR Suppository
The most powerful antioxidant known to mankind.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent an
Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is an indolamine (neurotransmitter) which is synthesized not only within the pineal gland in the brain, but has also been shown to be synthesized in many other parts of the body including, but not limited to, organs, the eye, gut, bone marrow, skin and immune cells. The role of melatonin in circadian rhythm disturbances and sleep disorders is well established.
However, in the last several years, over 4,500 publications in peer-reviewed journals in the National Library of Medicine have confirmed melatonin, at higher dosages, to be the most powerful antioxidant in existence and the only universal free radical scavenger.
Patient and professional understanding of this unique and powerful signaling molecule must extend beyond jet lag and sleep aid. Some of its multiple beneficial functions may include powerful antioxidant, DNA protectant, immune function gatekeeper, and a natural oncostatic (anti-cancer) molecule. The research conducted in these regards has unequivocally documented melatonin’s ability to detoxify ALL harmful free radicals which cause molecular damage leading to disease and dysfunction.
The Zetpil™ difference lies in our product’s ability to achieve therapeutic dosages via an alternate mode of delivery. The impression of most lay people and physicians alike that the low oral dosages (2-10mgs) that help individuals sleep will also be able to exert melatonin’s powerful antioxidant effect is false. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Oral delivery of melatonin results in extremely low dosages absorbed as a result of low oral bioavailability, GI and liver metabolism of the compound, and lack of systemic circulation of therapeutic dosages. It has been repeatedly proven in the research that dosage levels that trigger antioxidant activity cannot be achieved with oral delivery of melatonin. Supraphysiologic dosages (higher amounts than the body can make or ingest through diet) MUST be achieved in order for melatonin to exert its antioxidant effect. Research has hailed melatonin as the closest thing to a universal panacea (ie: cure for all ailments) ever researched by modern medicine which was the driving force for Zetpil™ to develop its Melatonin suppository and capitalize on all its potential health benefits.
What makes this product truly revolutionary is that therapeutic dosages of pharmaceutical grade Melatonin, embedded into our proprietary suppository base, can be delivered directly into the blood stream (via the many blood vessels that exist in the rectum), potentially affecting an elevation of the serum melatonin levels. Suppositories offer patient-friendly, cost-effective, and a natural, safe opportunity for repeated dosages of melatonin to be taken indefinitely! This breakthrough form of delivering melatonin truly raises the bar in effective antioxidant therapy for the patient population who desire an effective, affordable and potent antioxidant solution.
Melatonin Therapeutic Benefits:
- Melatonin is uniquely powerful in that it can neutralize every type of free radical (ie: ROS and RNS) and prevent their formation.
- Melatonin is an antioxidant that may prevent mitochondrial dysfunction and induce cellular differentiation, both of which are precursors to aging and diseases.
- Melatonin may reverse both acute and chronic inflammation.
- Melatonin may decrease harmful nitric oxide levels.
- Melatonin does not recycle and become a free radical itself like classical antioxidants vitamin C or E.
- Melatonin increases the levels of the body’s own powerful antioxidants, like Glutathione.
- Melatonin scavenges free radicals with a 10:1 ratio (versus a 1:1 ratio for classical antioxidants). Its ability to produce powerful antioxidant metabolites accounts for this superior squelching ratio.
- Melatonin is an antioxidant that may play a role in DNA repair.
Melatonin may be beneficial for the prevention and/or treatment of the following diseases:
- Heart Disease
- Neurodegenerative Diseases (ie: Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s)
- Age-related vision and hearing loss